Thursday, October 28, 2004

Words that Caught My Fancy Today

"A lot of what can be counted doesn't count, and a lot of what counts can't be counted." -- Albert Einstein

"The test of a first-rate mind is the ability to hold two opposing thoughts at the same time while still retaining the ability to function." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Like all journalists, I'm a voyeur. I write about what I find fascinating. I used to write about travel. I traveled to escape the known and the ordinary. The longer I did this, the farther afield I had to go. By the time I found myself in Antarctica for the third time, I began to search closer at hand. I began to look for the foreign lands between the cracks. Science is one such land. -- Mary Roach in explaining why she wrote Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers

No comments: