Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Feeling a Little Blue Today

Actually, a little blue and fringe-y. I mean did you see those electoral maps? With that big red blob consuming the central part of the nation? And little "bruises" on the edge begging for validity but ultimately getting "burned" by the heat?

Not that I vote a party ticket. I don't. In fact, a friend and I agreed we weren't really red or blue. We're purple people for the most part.

But if those maps are really indicators of the public at large, I find myself today part of the minority. Now that's not a rare place for me, mind you. I've been here before. In fact, I have residences in both the fringe and the minority states of mind. I am familiar with the terrain.

It's just that every once in a while, once in a "blue" moon if you will, I'd like to know what the majority feels like.

But I'm not willing to change my mind in order to find out.

No comments: