Friday, November 11, 2005

Mindless Musings

In the category of "if everyone else jumped off the bridge, would you have to follow" I bring you one of the more recent web-based activities for either flitting away a day or self-discovery.

Google "your name + needs" and see the myriad of random thoughts (or maybe not so random, heh?). Keep the quotes so that you can see sentences come your way that could very well be showing you the way . . .

Here are some of my results and the learning I gleaned:

Karen needs to determine status of what we do and don't have.
[“We” don’t have a “we” to speak of so that list might be short.]

Karen Needs to Grow Up!
[Been there. Done that. Reverted.]

Karen Needs A Lobotomy Fund
[It’s good to have a dream, isn’t it?]

Karen needs the money for the mentoring pizza.
[Because small communities of pizza everywhere need good leadership.]

Karen needs to learn how to compliment her workers.
[When I can locate those lazy boys, I will.]

Karen needs to have full carbohydrate, stores, and be well hydrated
[Does pizza and beer count?]

Karen Needs a New Job
[hmmmmmm. . . ]

KAREN NEEDS A MAN
[I think the all caps is a bit much and the whole “need” thing really bothers me but otherwise, I’m open to suggestions.]

Karen needs care and supervision twenty-fours hours a day.
[If this is connected to the one above and said man is up to the task, well who am I to argue?]

Karen needs folks who can appear.
[Because those disappearing one are bugging me to death.]

Karen needs some bath water to wash her dishes in.
[Efficiency is what I’m all about.]

Karen needs money to buy the roller skates she desperatelywants, so she becomes a partner in Pete's window-washing business.
[Everybody: “I’ve got a brand new pair of roller skates, you’ve got a brand new key. I think we should get together . . . “ And if you have no clue what I’m singing, just know that the 1970s produced some noteworthy music and this isn't a sample.]

Karen needs to get herself a new blog.
[After this blog post, I’m sure most readers will agree.]

Karen needs to know that her life makes a difference, that people value her and would miss her.
[Thankfully, I do.]

4 comments:

Finding the Happy said...

I'm either Google challenged or I don't "need" anything, because when I typed it in, there was no match...gulp!

KC said...

Hmmm . . . don't know what the problem is but just in case you're overcome by curiosity here's what I googled that you needed:
Laura needs to teach Jenna the proper way to sit with legs crossed.
Laura needs to learn to properly use the possesive and plural rules.

Given that the second one is waaaaaaaay wrong, I don't think you need to put much stock in what you might have missed!!

Finding the Happy said...

Thanks KC...I feel much better!

Anonymous said...

Karen needs to know that she is absolutely fabulous in the absolutely best possible meanings of those terms.

Cheers, kind friend who keeps us going ...