Friday, January 11, 2008

So ... It's Been a While

One of the few folks who check my blog regularly informed me that I was long overdue on a post.

Since anyone who even occasionally checks in might surmise by the distance between my last post and this that I was thrown overboard by a overly zealous party animal on the Carnival cruise, I will take this opportunity to announce that I'm alive and well and have been land-bound for over a month.

Life has just been extremely temporary and I haven't had a moment to contemplate what I might want to say in this space I've come to view as my connection with friends from one end of the U.S. to the other. I have a few folks who know me well across the big sea but I doubt seriously they check in here. And after the fourth person told me they missed whatever it was that I might be sharing, I determined it was time to say something even it lacked anything near humor, profundity or even clarity!

So here I am ... not exactly contemplative (I AM flying to Tanzania in two days so you can give me a bit of grace can't you for being surrounded by icky details like when I'm going to get my yellow fever shot?) and not exactly informative (I will save for later my observations regarding my cross country drive for the holidays, my assessment of my hometown's enthusiasm for high school basketball, my love for my convertible even if it is cold and I have a golf ball size crack in the front window, my joy over starting the year off right with friends, and my process of determining exactly what "office formal" dress looks like for my stay in Tanzania.)

Instead, I'll simply say my hope is to blog regularly while in Africa as calls are $5/min and texts are 50 cents each! Creativity (or evidence to the lack thereof) is once again spurred by a lack of finances! Other writers got their start with less of a muse, right?

So keep checking ... I leave Sunday, arrive on a new continent on Monday and will try and post by Wednesday.

5 comments:

T said...

You're baaaaack! Yay!!

Anonymous said...

Muahahaha, we are here and we follow your every step closly.

Finding the Happy said...

May your eyes, ears, mind and heart be open to capture the experiences Tanzania has to offer. I look forward to following along on your blog.

some chick said...

bring me a magnet.

juli said...

i too would like a magnet...and i echo johannes' words. from one side of the world to the other, we're listening.