Saturday, March 01, 2008

Since Landing on Thursday (And Now It's Saturday)

My hairdresser and good friend was able to fit me in and I got a cut and color before anyone other than the MIS (man I'm seeing) had a chance to explore the wonders of my roots becoming the dominant feature on my head!

I ate the first Mexican food I've had in over six weeks.

I drove my VW once again.

My feet are now actually clean . . . and the nails are nicely polished, thank you!

I attended my first ever BBQ cookoff and when I put a piece of chicken, a couple of slices of sausage, and some brisket on my plate I realized that was more meat than I'd eaten in the last six weeks.

I danced until my newly colored hair was soaking wet.

I dressed as a rodeo clown and mingled among the special needs kids who were on hand to see the parade of horses that signals the start of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. And then I ran the parade. Please note that I said "ran." We were behind a float on wheels rather than hooves and were supposed to keep up with it. So instead of the leisurely stroll I anticipated we booked the entire parade route. I did a rodeo clown version of wrestlers' high fiving the crowd to at least engage a bit. I also sweat some more!

I planned a party with Roger to do some show and tell related to the trip on Sunday.

I fought the urge to say "asante" and "pole sana" on numerous occasions and went with "thank you" and "I'm sorry" instead.

And I thought of the hills of Karatu and the people I left behind every other hour.

No comments: