Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Networking by any other name . . .

While reading a story about how the creation of social network content has hit a plateau, I realized some of the language seemed very familiar. The church -- a social network of its own and one in which I spent much of my career -- would identify with the classifications of participants:

Creators
Conversationalists
Critics
Collectors
Joiners
Spectators
Inactives

The study's findings reveal that in the past year, no measurable growth has appeared in the Creators category and in the U.S. that group (of those creating social content) has actually declined. Social networking is still on the rise, however. But this study suggests that the average user "feels most at home taking more passive actions."

If I were still in the church consulting business, I'd have a workshop outlined in a matter of minutes after digesting this one!

No comments: