Monday, January 03, 2005

One Question at a Time: #1

I listed lots of questions. Now I'm going to attempt to answer a few. Here's the first from the list.

If you could change one thing about the world, yourself, or both, what would it/they be?

The thing that comes to mind in this moment is . . . I'd like to change the way people seem to make assumptions without enough or even any information. People assume motives. People assume rationales. People assume . . . unfortunately and often . . . the worst. If we could see each other with new eyes, more compassionate eyes, eyes filled with grace, then I think the world could be a happier place to be.

And if I'm allowed a totally sci-fi kind of answer (and I am because it's my blog), then I would wish we could see the beauty within as easily as we see the beauty outside . . . maybe even instead.

No comments: