Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I Cried Today

When I say, "I may not be brilliant but I am smart enough to surround myself with geniuses" I've usually got two or three guys on my mind that easily fall into that category. One of those guys is sick . . . sick enough to be on dialysis.

In trying to describe him to someone else I got as close to the right description as I ever have when I said, "He's a lot of a lot." What I cannot fathom is why such giftedness and generosity even has the threat of not being on the Extended Stay Plan. This guy should be rocking on a front porch with pilgrims who have traveled miles to sit at his feet when he's 90!

I know that "fair" is a matter of perspective and that I, by no means, have the faith to come close to understanding, but this is the point at which the rules to this game confuse me.

No comments: