Friday, February 17, 2006

Don't Thank Me

Twice this week I've been told, "Thank you for your patience. I'm sorry you had to wait."

That's assuming a great deal, don't you think?

Am I patient simply because you didn't hear my angry thoughts and detailed instructions on how you could vastly improve the ineptitude of your system? Or because you didn't see on my face the utter amazement I felt as employees ignored requests or worse, provided incorrect information?

My silence does not indicate patience. So if you must thank me, get at least that much right.

How about . . .

"Thank you for not revealing how utterly frustrated you are with us at this moment."

or better yet . . .

"Thank you for not taking 'customer service' too seriously. Obviously, we don't either."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nathan needs to read this...i think i'll send it his way...he had a nastly little incident with barnes and noble...capitalism at its best, eh?