Monday, December 20, 2004

5 Minute Fudge

Worthy of note in this holiday season . . . Rachel Ray of the Food Network is my kitchen hero. She whipped up 5 Minute Fudge the other day and I knew I could repeat her success (sans the making it into a wreath complete with candied cherry holly . . . really, fudge does not a visually pleasing wreath make). Here's the recipe:

1 can of sweetened condensed milk (of course, I mean Eagle Brand!)
1 12 oz pkg of chocolate morsels
9 oz of butterscotch morsels (which means you're not using the whole bag)
nuts and/or other optional additions (she used currants but I used Heath Bar morsels)

Butter a round cake pan (and if you doing that whole wreath thing, cover a can in plastic wrap and insert it in the middle). Heat the sweetened condensed milk to just bubbling and add the morsels. Stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add whatever you want to add but work fast. Place in pan. Refrigerate for 5 minutes and it's done!

Don't say I didn't give you a Christmas present!

No comments: