Monday, January 17, 2011

This is getting old ... but I can give a good massage!

One classmate is a expert at needlework and is working a new pattern. Another colors pictures ... from a coloring book. One took a nap under the table. Another is reading a book.

Such is life in the classroom in the last semester of massage class.

I alternate between trying to write, reading my emails, and playing spider solitaire.

What's the instructor doing? you might ask.

Well, we don't start until 9:15 a.m. Roll call taking such a very long time when you have 19 students (and yes, my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek). Next we review the muscles we "learned" the day before. In actuality, he reminds us what he told us to underline the day before because they are the EXACT things that are on the quiz. Then we take a break. After, we read about more muscles and underline more portions of the text. With such a taxing schedule we are now ready for the hour and a half lunch period.

Returning from lunch we wait for everyone to arrive. That's another 15-20 minutes. We then take the test on anatomy. Of course, that's ONLY AFTER we've reviewed. And what is the review of? Were you listening? That's right -- the exact questions that will be on the quiz. We take that quiz, read the next section of anatomy, underline, and at that point it's 2:30 or 3 p.m. and wow ... that was such a full day we now just ... sit.

Or do needlework, color, nap, or read.

I'm looking at three more weeks of this.

Can you say, ARGH?

2 comments:

Gary Long said...

How much longer?

KC said...

I'm finished with course work except for a CPR class. And it's best that you're not here to see me spew on that subject. We'll just leave it at ... the course was originally in our allotted time, then rescheduled to one day after we're were to have been through, then cancelled due to the "blizaster" last week. So now I take it Saturday. After that I wait until my time slot for the state exam. First available one for me is March 4. After that .... I'm LEGAL! Thanks for asking.