Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Leaving the editor behind

How many times have I allowed the editor in me to rob me of an adventure?

Thoughts of "what might they think/say" kept the words in, the actions beneath the surface. This blog (complete with unedited tagline and apologies only to ee's sense of style) is my attempt to focus on learning, on accepting the invitation to the dance, on sharing the joy of living with less worries regarding rules and regulations.

While I hope to craft some thought-provoking pieces of my own, at the moment, I think Mary Oliver sums it up best for me:

When it's over, I want to say: all my life
I was a bride married to amazement.
I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms.
When it's over, I don't want to wonder
if I have made of my life something particular and real.
I don't want to find myself sighing and frightened,
or full of argument.

I don't want to end up simply having visited this world.

No comments: