Thursday, October 13, 2005

Sometimes Silence Is Over Rated

The quiet has bothered me today. I spent a couple of hours working my way through online photos, click, click, clicking to select ones that will show up well on our new website. That click and the occasional buzzing of the downstairs phone line was all I heard for a while.

The noise of the hurricane relief efforts has stilled. Several folks are out of the office. Many of my contacts are on the road and my calls are at a minimum.

I almost ached for something more.

While not quite an adrenaline junkie, I do have a need for adventure and having come off an adventure high over the last few weeks, I felt the melancholy of regret throughout the day.

No, I don't want another catastrophe. No, I'm not wishing hurt on someone else so I can feel excitement. But . . .

I'm ready for the weekend.

1 comment:

Finding the Happy said...

Ah, but it is in the stillness and silence we meet the Divine residing in and around us. Sit still long enough and unchaperoned truths may surface...then the volume gets turned up!