Friday, April 15, 2005

What Is It About Color?

I love a good black and white photo. The impact of the story seems so much more evident when the "characters" are captured in the starkness of dark and light.

But . . .

When you truly see color explode off the page, outside your window, on your plate, in a storefront window . . . WOW!

Reds warm me and conjure silky luxuries. Midnight blue takes the oxygen from the air and fills space with possibilities. Yellow stings in a silly, satisfying way. Orange pouts and demands attention beyond being Red's second cousin! Green has to grow on me . . . while not my favorite, I do see its potential. But best of all is purple -- the one you can almost taste, the one that drips with promises and possibilities. If ever I were crowned queen of color, purple would be my cape.

Evidence of purple's truly engaging persona can be found on visual-voice.net.

No comments: