Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Coincidence? I Don't Think So

Baggage Service . . . initials are BS.

Should tell you something.

Today, Air France informs me (after 20 minutes on hold listening to a looping BAD music clip) that the four bags we checked in Hanoi were all listed as having made it to their final destination of Frankfurt, that they have no record of ever telling me the lost bag I reported had been found, and that I can fax in my inventory of all that was lost.

Now that I've spent some time with Air France -- checked out their website (where the looping voice message eventually tells you to go due to the "unusually high number of calls") and discovered that due to the "unusually high number of calls" they don't allow contact via the web -- I've begun to wonder what constitutes "unusual" since if you've had time to put the phrase on voice mail and add the phrase to your website, you might surmise that it's the "usual" high number of complaints you were dealing with. Of course, then, you'd have to consider what kind of system generates such errors and well. . . that would just be so . . . SERVICE ORIENTED that I'm sure you just couldn't handle it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do I need to make a trip to the Unclaimed Baggage place?
CC in BHam