- People who see a good movie and say, "You would especially like this." Then when you do see it, you find it to be funny, thought-provoking and well-done . . . leading you to be grateful that people see you as appreciating that kind of thing.
- Someone saying, "You haven't blogged in a while and I miss it."
- Going to the office refrigerator and finding it filled with party leftovers available for the gnoshing.
- Wasabi, horseradish, or any other food product that opens up your sinuses.
- Realizing you've helped someone simply by offering an opinion (that is, of course, based on years of experience and training).
- When you say the exact right thing to someone who is hurting.
- When you say absolutely nothing to someone who is hurting and that silence is the best gift of all.
- Coming to terms with the fact that the really BIG Christmas gift surprises don't happen to single folks of a certain age.
- Realizing that single folks of a certain age don't have to have surprises to enjoy giving themselves a gift.
- The fact that a "splash of the color red" is the very best way to describe what adding that color is like.
- Knowing that for family who feel like friends and friends who feel like family there is absolutely nothing you can do to make them give up on you.
Wednesday, December 15, 2004
Posted by KC at 11:40 AM