Thursday, July 07, 2005

Confession

My first thought today when I heard about the London bombing was of my friend who lives in the city and the fact that I thought she wasn't actually in the city this morning and that I hoped I was right. (And I was.)

My second thought was about my other friends who plan on going to Ethiopia on Saturday and whether or not they were traveling through London and whether they would be delayed. (And they're not.)

My third thought was of the people who actually did the bombing and that was only a vague thought regarding the idea that I probably should pray for them. (And I haven't yet.)

Finally, I thought of the people who were actually affected by the bomb -- the injured and dead and their families.

Dear God, for those I love and those they love, for those I fear, and for those whose fears have been realized, I pray. I don't know what to ask, but I am asking.

No comments: