Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I actually wrote this . . .

Yesterday, I responded to a friend's email regarding his introduction to justice issues in a particular geographical area . . . in a crowded van with no air conditioning. I can't believe I'm actually blogging how I replied but, hey, isn't this what blogging is all about?

You know the only problem I've ever had with justice issues . . ? It's not a clean thing. So much of the "ministry" I do is clean -- keyboards, phone calls, regular/ongoing/invasive Air Conditioning. And so much of justice issues calls for sweat. You have to go where the issues call out to you. You have to inhale in places where you don't want to experience what's on the end of the exhale. It took a long, long time for me to get to the place at the AIDS hospice where the reality of ministry caught up with the physical setbacks and a balance (maybe even a bounty on my part) was struck.

I would love to address justice issues if it didn't require me to look at injustice in the face.

No comments: